Tuesday 27 October 2009

MY NAME (Chung Yoo Joon)

Many names have their own different meanings. I would like to explain about the meaning behind my name especially my first name. My full name is Chung Yoo Joon. I'm coming from South Korea. My first name is 'Chung'. In South Korea, the first name does not have any meaning as it is used generally among Koreans. However, my second and third name their own meaning. My second name which is 'Yoo' means "I have everything which is good". My last name which is ‘Joon’ represents my character that is “high, tall and mighty”. I like my name very much because of the good meaning which is represented behind my name. At one point of time, I wanted to change my name. I remember when I was five years old, I want to change my name to ‘Shin Chan’. He is one of the famous Japanese comic characters because he is funny and a trouble maker to everyone. Nobody has ever teased my first name because most of my Korean friends have the same surname as me. However, my friends always make fun of the rest of my name. They would give names such as “You Jun” as “Yoo” has the same pronunciation as the English Pronouns “you”. Apart from that, I have another friend whose name is called “Jun”. My last name which is “Joon” has the same pronunciation as “Jun”. My friend would also tease my name such as “Yoo Chun” which is very funny because “Chun” in Cantonese language means stupid and dumb. I don’t have a nickname because most of the time, both my family and friends would like to call me as Yoo Joon. I have two names such as Yoo Joon and Yoo Sung. The last name Sung means intelligent and smart. Since my father wanted me to grow healthily and free from all sicknesses, he prefer me to be called Yoo Joon instead of Yoo Sung. This is all about my name.

No comments:

Post a Comment